Used Printing Equipment & Bindery Equipment
Commercial industrial printing equipment is used throughout the world for generating mass quantities of colorful and informative brochures, magazines, containers, and advertising material. Used printing machines are in high demand since they are equally effective as new commercial printing equipment at a fraction of the cost. Many small to medium-sized companies prefer to purchase preowned printing equipment due to the immediate cost savings and the used printing machine’s proven effectiveness.
Used Printing Equipment Options
ALI maintains a large inventory of quality preowned printing and converting equipment. Our inventory is always changing, so check back often to see new listings. We sell the following types of used printing equipment:
Quality Used Printing Equipment from Top Brands
At Asset Liquidity International, our goal is to offer our customers the best-used printing equipment from the best manufacturers in the business. We carry all major brands, including:
- Creo CTP
- KBA Planeta
- and more
Buying Tips for Purchasing Used Printing Equipment
Finding used printing equipment or used bindery equipment that fits your specific needs can take a lot of time and energy. Often, you may think that you’ve found the correct piece of used printing equipment that suits your needs, only to be frustrated later that the product was not how it was described.
At Asset Liquidity, we want you to be delighted with your purchase, that is why we are always upfront and honest about every piece of printing and bindery equipment we sell. Save yourself a lot of time and frustration by utilizing the following tips for purchasing used printing equipment.
- Always buy from a reputable firm that knows the equipment inside-out and can perform mechanical inspections.
- Personally, inspect the equipment. Ask questions about performance and maintenance? What types of work has it been doing? How many hours or impressions has it run? Check maintenance records for breakdowns and repairs.
- Know specifically (if applicable) which parts have been refurbished and/or replaced.
- Be careful if you buy directly from an end-user. Market prices fluctuate. You may be paying more than the equipment is worth. Some machinery is sold because it doesn’t work correctly, or replacement parts are no longer available.
- Avoid Internet-only websites and re-sellers who advertise solely online – along with machines advertised via mobile phone numbers or webmail addresses.
- For digital or electronic equipment, your first question should be: Does the equipment have a service contract? If yes, it’s more likely to be in good condition.
- Make especially sure that all moving parts are in good shape. Get a pro to make a mechanical inspection on-site.
Additional Considerations When Purchasing Used Printing Equipment
There are also several things to consider when operating any type of used printing equipment or used bindery equipment. Here’s how to get the most out of the equipment that you purchase from Asset Liquidity.
- Properly trained operators will reduce downtime and maximize productivity.
- Use the recommended plates, blankets, pressroom chemicals, and substrates. If in doubt, check your OEM manuals and seek out independent suppliers whose products are used for similar equipment from several OEM’s.
- To gauge productivity, always check your clicks against the recommended speed in your manual. Running equipment at top speed may not give you the best results. You might produce more at lower speeds with fewer stops.
- If your machine adds to your existing workflow, make sure your staffers know how to operate it and connect it seamlessly to all hardware and software.
These highly effective pieces of used printing equipment are ideal for printing on long rolls of paper that are fed continuously into the press. Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, and books are all typically printed using web offset presses.
Sheet Fed Printing Presses
Sheetfed commercial printing equipment is used to print directly onto individual sheets of paper, cardboard, etc., that are fed into the press one at a time. Sheetfed presses are commonly used for low quantity printing, such as brochures, short-run magazines, business forms, and general commercial printing.
Digital pre-owned printing machinery is perfect for high quality, full-color print jobs in lower quantities, but they also perform well when used for high volume printing jobs. Because digital presses print from digital files, they provide easy design changes with minimal downtime.
Flexo industrial printing equipment provides a printing process that utilizes flexible relief plates. A flexo press can be used to print on almost any substrate material: plastic, paper, cellophane, etc.
Wide Format Printers
Used digital wide format printing equipment allows for an advancement in technology while keeping lower hourly costs, which in turn sparks increased profit and competition.
Grand Format Printers
Grand format preowned printing equipment provides increased technological advantages over other types of format printers. Grand format printers provide lower hourly costs, which increases the overall profit margin.
Used CTP machines provide an improved way to avoid depreciation losses versus purchasing new equipment. CTP machines transfer digital images directly to printing plates, making them a vital part of the modern bindery process.
Die-cutting provides an automated operation that allows for multiple pieces of the same shape to be created efficiently and uniformly. Die cutters generally have a selection of standard dies readily available for common cuts and shapes.
Pre-press printing involves processes such as pre-flighting, creating proof, and creating the printing plates. The equipment needed for these pre-printing processes includes computers, software printing plates, and more.
Used printing machine cutters provide the time-saving ability to print and cut in a single step. This type of commercial printing equipment saves time and money.
Gluers & Folder Gluers
These highly sophisticated types of industrial printing equipment are designed to fold and glue in a single process. Combining these processes saves significant long-term time and money.
Stitching machines are used to bind magazines, pamphlets, brochures, and similar printed materials. Pages are secured using the saddle stitch method, which involves inserting two or more staples along the centerfold. This method of binding is economical, durable, and adds minimal bulk.
Contact Asset Liquidity for Used Printing Equipment Today
When searching for used large format printers and other preowned printing equipment, it is extremely valuable to work with a trustworthy used printing equipment expert like Asset Liquidity. Contact us for more information regarding our used printing equipment and used bindery equipment options, or if you have a specific question, call us at 909-466-7041. We would be more than happy to assist you in finding the used printing equipment that is best suited to your particular application needs.